- This girl is growing SO much. She is so active and her eyes are learning how to focus on our faces and objects. Her eyes aren't crossing anymore (all babies do this). She is smiling so much more this week than last week. She is starting to laugh more while awake (she does it in her sleep sometimes).
- Her scalp is still dry, so I sometimes put vegetable oil or baby oil on her head and comb through and leave there for fifteen minutes before bathing her.
- Westy tried feeding Scarlett for the first time with a bottle. We read on a few different sites on how to try doing this effectively, and they all said to have someone other than the mother feed the baby. I pumped about an ounce into the bottle. Westy fed it to her, and she drank it. Scarlett seemed a little skeptical, but she didn't totally reject it. We haven't tried since, but I do have supply in the freezer for future use.
- Scarlett hasn't been sleeping that well during the day and hasn't been going very long in between feedings during the night, so I am so tired! But I am grateful that she at least doesn't wake up five minutes after I set her down during the night like she does during the day because this lady wouldn't get any sleep! I've tried a few things to get her on a schedule, but that hasn't worked just yet.
- I started writing a blog post about Scarlett's birth story. The more I wrote, the more I realized I don't know how to put into words what the experience was like for me. It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my whole life. I am still stunned and weepy at how hard it was. We are glad she is safe and healthy here with us.
^^ Holding my finger. She has got a grip!
^^ She is just too cute!
^^She loves grabbing my hair. She finds it even when I try hiding it from her.