Scarlett is one month old today!
She has grown so much this month.
- Up until two days ago, this sweet baby couldn't go to sleep unless she fell asleep eating or while being held. I put her in her swing while I was folding laundry. She squirmed a little, but I just kept folding. After five minutes she was out, but as I was texting Weston to tell him, she woke up. I kept folding the mounds of laundry and looked over again and she was out. Then awake again. Then out for two hours! Last night we wanted to try to keep her awake between the last two feedings of the day in hope she would sleep longer (between 8:30 and 11ish). We put her in her swing, then gave her a bath, put in swing again and put on the floor to keep her awake. After not hearing her for a few minutes I look down and she is asleep on the floor! haha. Two times in one week. wow.
Here are some pics of our squirmy Scarlett Sally in her swing last night. These pictures were all within a minute.
- I mentioned a few posts ago that she is a great sleeper. I was about to post the other day about how horrible of a sleeper she was because I had a horrible week of her waking up almost every hour during the night, but then she went six hours. She did that again last night!!! Woot. Weston's parents told us that their kids started sleeping about six hours a night at one month old. We are totally knocking on wood!
- A few days ago we accidentally got soap in her eye. It got so red and huge. We filled a dropper full of warm water and squirted the shut eye. The poor eye eventually went down. Parents of the year award right here. Thankfully she still likes baths.
- She does not like having her arms swaddled. We have been keeping her arms out for weeks now. I find she enjoys the new found room that outside the womb offers.
- Scarlett has been out of newborn clothing for two weeks now. Not because she is bursting the seams but because she is a long girl.
- When we change her diaper after a nap and take her legs out of her pajamas, she does a long stretch. It is so cute.
- Who knew how loud newborns are when they sleep? Scarlett grunts and does loud breathing and then is quiet and repeats the cycle. I am too good of a listener to be able to go to sleep during it all, so I sleep with a pillow over my head.
- She likes her binky sometimes. We are working on it.
- I haven't had dairy in almost two weeks! We have seen such a difference in this baby. We aren't sure if it is the dairy or what, but we will take it! Scarlett was acting really colicky. She would scream and scrunch her legs and couldn't be consoled. She was the happiest while eating. It was so hard. We felt so helpless and sad that our baby couldn't be comforted by us. She cried whether in her bouncer or in our arms. The change was quite sudden. One day we realized that we could hold her without her squirming and crying. She was content.
- Westy and I have different opinions on what Scarlett's eye color will be. I vote blue and he votes brown. His parents have blue eyes and my mom has brown and my dad has blue. So, I could be carrying a blue gene from my dad and two blue genes make a blue eyed child. But, I could be carrying a brown gene which would make our baby brown eyed.
- Nicknames she has so far: Scarles B. (W), Scarles Barkley (W), Scar (W&E), and Little Mama (W).
- For the most part she likes her car seat.
- She has a calic in the same place that her daddy does.
- We love her rolls. I was taking some pictures of her two weeks ago and got this funny shot of her shoulder rolls: